Friday, January 8, 2016

Dust



Hey y'all! Just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing?  I write to you with Hope and Encouragement this day.  If you are like me ... then you can understand where I am coming from.  Sometimes life is just so busy that I find myself going through the motions - just like the hamster running on his little wheel. While all the while I am on the wheel, so it seems, as though I am not going anywhere.  Usually - I realize then that I have allowed myself to be locked up on the inside and the obstacle I really face is my own self-doubt. That leads to negative thinking and bleeds all over the place right down into prayerlessness. It's not because I don't want to - it's because life keeps coming faster than the speed of lightning. Truthfully, what can we really do well at the speed of lightning? The truth is - scripture tells me that I should pray without ceasing. When the dog bites= pray! When the bee stings= pray! When the tire is flat= pray! and to do it all with thanksgiving. Prayers are as incense before God. So if prayers are as incense, then why wouldn't I want to please my Heavenly Father and flatter Him the whole day through and besides . . . the benefits are my own. Entirely.  That's what I call Love 101.


When I ask the LORD to search me, test me, examine my heart, soul, and mind - what in the world could I be thinking? It is then when I am really faced with the reality of who I truly am and who I desperately desire to become. Folks, it's hard being searched. YES - I said folks.  That's how I talk way down here in the South.  I love it!  YES!! it's hard being tested and sometimes I really don't want to share my heart with anyone - let alone be examined! The truth is, on my own - I really am nothing. Simply dust. 

The Bible teaches me in Psalm 103:14 that He remembers that we are made from dust. Oh LORD, thank you for remembering this critical detail - because this really does point to my own failures at times. Oh the flaws I could talk about. Or show you. I want to know HOW - can anything that is made from dust be truly expected to prosper and succeed on their own? Dust is usually swept away into the garbage pile.  But wait - I have GOOD NEWS ... when we are in CHRIST Jesus - His Word teaches that I am fearfully and wonderfully made Psalm 139.  Also you will find that you can do all things through CHRIST which strengthens you ... and me - Philippians 4:13. With HIM, all things are possible - without - it's just failures and disappointments.

Someone recently told me to do what I love to do.  I love writing and I so love to encourage people.  So here I am today, simply putting one foot in front of the other ... I am writing to you - in hopes that I may point you to the one that matters. The LORD Jesus.  The Hope of the world. The one that loves you. Loves me. He offers this Hope 24 hours a day. Seven days a week. Oh, and before I forget - this is me in the picture.  Just simple me.  I am just a plain and simple country heart that loves Jesus and wants to share Him with people like you.  

Have a wonderful weekend!






Prayer

My 53 years old idea of praying is tremendously different than my 10-year-old prayers, my 16-year-old prayers, and even my 27-year-old praye...