Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Joy From a Jail Cell

The following words "Philippians was the happiest book that Paul ever wrote" - has described Paul and his stance towards his life. From a jail cell. Towering isn't it? Sometimes I write and I am not happy at all and there is no jail cell surrounding me. Although, being physically exhausted and emotionally spent could warrant unhappiness in my book. However, that is exactly what my flesh sounds like. I on the other hand, in the spirit, and full of joy - can exemplify Paul very well. You see Paul focused and concentrated on the LORD and all of His benefits. Paul had tasted of the LORD and had seen that He is good. Should I rise without bowing, there is no victory. None. I end up late, short, distracted, irritable, and mindless the rest of the day. God wrote His Word to tell us how much He loved us. If we buy all of the busy-busy lifestyles and subscribe to the rich and famous and continually seek fame and glory for ourselves, we will end up spent, exhausted, late, short, distracted, and yes irritable. Seek the LORD in your prayer closet and lavish your worship upon Him. His blessings are love, joy, and peace. These items aren't obtained on your own merit - when you place your trust in the LORD Jesus, He promises to be with you always and never forsake you. Go ahead, what are you waiting for? For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

Prayer

My 53 years old idea of praying is tremendously different than my 10-year-old prayers, my 16-year-old prayers, and even my 27-year-old praye...