Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Instamatic Demise

Let's face it - we live in an "instamatic" atmosphere. Sometimes you and I feel like if something cannot be produced or cleared instantly or within a minute or two, then it shouldn't be done or not worthy of accomplishing. IF you have bought into this lie from the enemy of our soul, then I have some others you may resonate with. If you will take a few moments and begin unraveling this "knot" - you will soon come to realize it is embedded with fear, insecurity, unbelief, anxiety, and idolatry. Lean in . . . there is no where to be written that all projects, every task, assignment, or life event should be done in record timing. IF so . . . then we are putting ourselves right on the "high blood pressure," "heart attack," and major health issues shelf in a hurry. NOT to mention - relationship break down. I am strongly convicted that for so long now ... this has been me. SO much so that one day I seemingly woke up and my daughter was 13! One day I realized that I had rushed through so many days, hurried on home, only to get to the NEXT thing - when truly I should have paced myself and taken things to a slower pace and lived each moment to the fullest. When the fast foward button is pressed so many times repeatedly - there are consequences to follow. Be ready to face them and deal with whatever is handed to you. Spend time with your sons, your daughters, your husband, your wife, your loved ones. . . make them a priority. LOVE the the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. LOVE God, LOVE people, spend yourself on behalf of others, the sick, the needy, and the poor. Read that book. Take that walk. Savor every moment. The next one isn't ever guaranteed.

Prayer

My 53 years old idea of praying is tremendously different than my 10-year-old prayers, my 16-year-old prayers, and even my 27-year-old praye...