Thursday, May 11, 2017

Philippians 4:13

There are so many negative forces that pull us downward. I was a part of a leadership course a while back and we proved it was easier to pull someone down by way of physical force than it was by pulling someone up! If we are going to be strength AND courage depositors - we will have to live on purpose. Do life with force and strength to combat the negativity and ugliness in this world.

When I was 16 I didn't know that much about praying scripture ... but I took one verse and clung to it because of the treacherous waters I was continually wading through. When I felt scared, lonely, hurt, or broken, I would speak it over and over to myself. At the time, I wasn't into writing as much as I enjoy now - so I was basically praying it. It was a reminder to me that no matter what I faced - the LORD Jesus was with me.

That verse is this truth - "I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me" ... Philippians 4:13 I can ... Be an encourager, I can ... Be a wife to my husband, I can ... Be a Mother to my daughter ... I can face every single challenge and know that Christ is my strength.

You can too ... Everyone that calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. He is your strength. Your provider. Your everything. Just call upon His name!

Prayer

My 53 years old idea of praying is tremendously different than my 10-year-old prayers, my 16-year-old prayers, and even my 27-year-old praye...